This Statement of Ethics and Business Practices applies to all Employees of Sindh Bank Limited. It strives to set forth certain standards and rules of conduct followed in the corporate entities, globally. Our culture of ethics and integrity shall from the beginning define who we are as a Bank and how we as colleagues treat each other, our customers and stakeholders.
This Statement of Ethics and Business Practices attempts to introduce the Employees to the types of attitudes and conduct that create an honest, fair, and legal workplace. It will be surrounded by 3 basic beliefs:
- Respect for the Individual
- Service to the Customer
- Striving for excellence
Striving for Excellence
- We will abide by the laws of the Country in all activities at work and beyond. Any suspected material violation of a law, regulation or ethical standard must be reported to the appropriate level of authority within the Bank. Where appropriate, the authority will report to the relevant statutory authority.
- We will always demonstrate high standard of conduct at work place or outside as good citizens of Pakistan.
- We will adhere to a high level of professional practices commensurate with Banks’s aim to achieve growth in earning for shareholders over the long term undertaking business compatible with our character and business norms.
- We will behave with integrity and honesty in our dealing with customers, colleagues, supervisors and all others with whom we interact.
- We, as the Bank employees have a responsibility towards all stakeholders to make decisions strictly on the basis of Bank’s interests, without regard to personal gain. A conflict of interest can arise when one’s judgment could be influenced, or might appear as being influenced, by the possibility of personal benefit. Even if it’s not intentional, the appearance of a conflict may be just as damaging to employees’ and Bank’s reputation, as an actual conflict. We would always be on the lookout for situations that may create a conflict of interest, and do everything they can to avoid them.
- Situation may arise holding a employee in conflict of his interest with the interest of the Bank. In such situation, to enable the Bank to make objective decisions, the employee must declare in advance the possible conflict of interest, to his/her senior. The management may require the employee to dissociate him/her from any involvement in a decision by the Bank that relates to such personal conflict.
- Our involvement in an outside activity or any external position held must not give rise to any real or apparent conflict with a customer’s interest, must not adversely reflect on the Bank and must not interfere with an individual’s performance.
- We will not solicit or accept gifts, sponsorship, hospitality or favor which would compromise, or give the appearance of compromising our position or any business decision taken by or on behalf of the Bank. Accepting gifts and entertainment can cause a conflict of interest, or the appearance of a conflict between personal interests and professional responsibility. The Bank’s culture is to never accept gifts or entertainment from any supplier, potential supplier, or any person the employee has reason to believe may be seeking to influence business decisions or transactions.
- We, besides working with honesty and faithfulness shall maintain strict secrecy regarding the Bank’s affairs and the affairs of its constituents and subsidiaries, if any. We shall use our utmost endeavors to promote the interest of the Bank and shall show courtesy and attention in all dealing with customers.
- We shall not use for personal gain or benefit or, except insofar as it is necessary in the regular course of business, disclose to anyone within or outside the Bank any information obtained in the course of work that is of confidential nature. We will not disclose intentionally or carelessly, any information that is of confidential nature without the prior approval from the respective departmental head. In official communication with prospective communication with prospective or current client, ensure that information is given only on need to know basis.
- We shall not engage in any other profession, trade or business activity for remuneration or enter into the employment of any other person firm or company. An engagement in social and welfare service beyond normal office hours may however, be encouraged.
- We shall not make any false or misleading statement in relation to our appointment or performance of our duties in the Bank. To ensure accuracy of information that would be provided to the public, the employees are prohibited from making any statement, including statements about financial matters (written or verbal) on behalf of the Bank to media, news publication, business publications, or any other source without prior approval from the respective department of the Bank.
- Personal, social and unofficial visits during working hours are discouraged. In the event of an emergency, visitors may be entertained outside the work area, or in the designated reception area to ensure confidentiality of information and minimum disruption.
- We shall not bring or attempt to bring political or other influence, directly or indirectly, nor shall we take part in, subscribe to and or assist in any way, any political activity.
- If we are found involved or convicted in a criminal offence, we shall immediately bring to the notice of the management through our head of department or, if arrested and released on bail, soon after such release.
We shall generally dissuade from following evils:
- Inappropriate conduct
- Sexual harassment
- Corruption and Retaliation
- Discriminatory behavior
- Grapevine and Gossips
- Intentional dishonesty
- Drug abuse and anti-environmental activities
- Insider trading
- Money laundering